A conversation about student advocacy for the Development of Trustworthy AI.
Tuesday November 12th, 6-8 PM
Enjoy dinner and a panel-style discussion on the role students can play in advocating for ethical AI development now and in the future. We’ll talk about pre-selected questions during the first half of the hour, and have an open Q&A afterwards. The objective of the event is to empower and inform students of the active role they can play in advancing and implementing ethical frameworks in the development of healthy AI.
Submit your questions in advance here.
Learn more about The Worker Agency x Mozilla’s campaign here.
Provide feedback here.
The following are additional resources compiled by students from Code for Good. If you have any suggestions or additions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O’Neil
- Automating Inequality by Virginia Eubanks
- Technically Wrong: Sexist Apps, Biased Algorithms, and Other Threats of Toxic Tech by Sara Wachter-Boettcher
- Algorithms of Oppression by Safiya Noble
- How I’m fighting bias in algorithms (link)
- The Truth About Algorithms (link)
- Bias? In My Algorithms? A Facebook News Story (link)
- Machine Learning and Human Bias(link)
- Path-specific counterfactual fairness (link)
- Measuring and mitigating unintended bias in text classification (link)
- Mitigating unwanted biases with adversarial learning (link)
- Mind the GAP: A Balanced Corpus of Gendered Ambiguous Pronouns (link)
- Data Decisions and Theoretical Implications when Adversarially Learning Fair Representations (link)
- Equality of opportunity in supervised learning (link)
- Satisfying real world concerns with dataset constraints (link)
- Fair resource allocation in a volatile marketplace (link)
- Algorithmic Justice League: https://www.ajlunited.org/
- Safe Face Pledge: https://www.safefacepledge.org/
- Geena Davis Inclusion Quotient: https://seejane.org/research-informs-empowers/data/
- Data 4 Black Lives Conference
- Black in AI
- LatinX in AI
- Women in Machine Learning
- Mozilla Foundation
- Tech Workers Coalition
- AINOW Institute
- Berkman Klein Center
- Center for Civic Media
Hosted by The Worker Agency, Mozilla and Code for Good.